Do you ever look at something once and then get targeted ads? Have you ever been exposed in some company’s data breach? Have you ever heard a lawmaker push restrictions on technology that they don’t even understand?
To live in the modern world is to interact with technology in ways that are wonderful—and others that are an absolute pain in the butt. It’s not fair to trade in your dignity or safety, and that’s why people like you stand with the Electronic Frontier Foundation. Will you keep EFF fighting and boost us up in our Year-End Challenge?
Make ANY donation by December 31 and you’ll help unlock bonus grants for EFF! Every single supporter counts toward getting EFF closer to a series of seven Year-End Challenge grants set by EFF’s board of directors. These grants become larger as the number of online rights supporters grows. See the counter.
EFF is Not Messing Around
Tech touches nearly every aspect of the world, and your rights need protection. Recently, EFF members enabled our team to:
- Speak out at the United Nations Cybercrime Treaty negotiations to stop the countries of the world from agreeing to undermine our digital rights.
- Work on multiple court cases that likely inspired a federal judge to rule that cell phone searches at the U.S. border require a warrant.
- Call out proposals across the globe that would sacrifice your speech and security under the pretense of protecting children.
- Spell out the dangers of automated license plate readers (ALPRs), leading California’s Attorney General to declare that it’s illegal to share this data out-of-state.
- Lobby to end Section 702 of the FISA Amendments Act to stop the FBI and NSA’s massive access to our communications without a warrant.
EFF has one guiding star: your freedom as a tech user. You can help EFF’s lawyers, activists, policy analysts, and technologists keep advancing toward a brighter future for everybody. Donate to support digital rights today and you’ll help EFF unlock bonus grants before the year ends!
EFF is celebrating TEN YEARS of top ratings from the nonprofit watchdog Charity Navigator. EFF is a member-supported U.S. 501(c)(3) organization and your donation is tax-deductible as allowed by law. You can even start a convenient monthly donation.